On our way to dinner tonight I asked Austin what the best Christmas present he ever received was. His answer: A Go-Cart. Every Christmas Eve I think about the year my family went out to dinner the night before Christmas to the only open restaurant we could find -- Chinese. At the end of our meal I received a fortune cookie that read, "You will soon receive something you have always wanted." Is there any better fortune to get on Christmas Eve?! I think not. Sure enough, the next morning I woke up and Santa did not dissapoint. My fortune came true! I was so excited to open the big present waiting for me...a cash register! Yes, a real cash register. An eight-year-old girl's most desired gift. It was on my wish list for years. I dreamed of being a cashier at a grocery store. Yes, I set my goals high. So I can honestly say, the best Christmas gift I ever got was a "real, live cash register" as I used to call it.
We wish you all a very Merry Christmas, and hope you will soon receive something you have always wanted.
Love,
the Little's
Easter
14 years ago
3 comments:
Um Taylor STILL wants a "real, live" cash register. Seriously.
I remember that cash register and the fun we had with it :) I was SO jealous that you had one and I begged my parents for one... never got it though lol Fun times!!
Is it dumb that even at 16 years old I was secretly excited to learn how to use the cash register when I started working at Old Navy?
Hope you had a merry Christmas :)
Post a Comment